Whether it’s preparing students for college or the workforce, North Scott High School is 100 percent focused on getting them ready for the next chapter of their lives. What will these students need in order to thrive in the future? How can the education we provide help them become capable and successful citizens? These are the types of questions we ask (and answer) every day.
The mission of the North Scott Community School District, a unique blend of rural and metropolitan opportunities, is to produce graduates with the capacity to be successful in a changing world, by incorporating abundant resources and offering a broad-based curriculum in a respectful, safe environment.
Growing Greatness Together Through Hometown Values and a World of Opportunities
All students will learn at high levels to be college and career ready through a collaborative culture.
- We know all students can learn at high levels (CCR) and are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure this occurs.
- We will work interdependently with a collaborative team through the PLC process.
- We will teach the essential learnings of our agreed-upon curriculum, unit by unit.
- We will use and analyze common formative assessments with our collaborative teams to guide instruction.
- We will work with an instructional coach to improve our practice to better meet the needs of students.
- We will work with our colleagues to achieve our SMART goals.
We will keep parents informed of the progress of their children.