Student & Families
Teamwork through Activities
We encourage our students to explore their interests and passions. From elementary through high school, we offer a wide variety of extra-curricular activities to promote social and emotional development, leadership and cooperation - necessary skills in today’s global economy.
Something for Every Student
The North Scott Community School District believes extracurricular pursuits are an essential element in the development of our students. We participate in 22 interscholastic sports sanctioned by the Iowa High School Athletic Association and the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union. We offer a vast and diverse range of extracurricular activities to give all students the opportunity to find their own personal niche.
We take great pride in our extracurricular facilities. Our softball field, baseball field, and soccer field have all received state-wide recognition. Our football field and tennis facilities have received national awards. Our 812 seat fine arts auditorium features state of-the-art technology.
- 240+ All-State Athletes
- 57 MAC Championship Titles
- 125+ State Qualifying Teams
- 29 State Championship Teams: Boys & Girls Basketball, Girls Soccer, Softball, Cheerleading, Dance, Volleyball, Track & Field, Cross Country, and Trapshooting
Fine Arts Achievements
- 100+ participants in State Speech
- Over 250 All-State Chorus Singers
- Over 175 All-State Band Members
- Over 25 All-State Jazz Band Members
- Annual participant at the State Thespian Festival
- 12+ performances at the International Thespian Festival
- 1000+ participants at State level and 200+ participants at National level History Day Program
- Top 3% of FFA Chapters in the Nation (2018-21)
- Top 10 FFA Chapters in the State of Iowa (2018-21)
- Multiple National Finalist & State Championship Teams (2018-21)
- Top FFA Chapter in Iowa (2020)